Prev: Re: OT Battle-tech (was Re: DS: Walkers) Next: Re: DS: Walkers

Re: OT Battle-tech (was Re: DS: Walkers)

From: Brian Bilderback <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:21:41 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: OT Battle-tech (was Re: DS: Walkers)

--- Randall Joiner <rljoiner@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Um...  I did mention pre-clan...

You did, but no one else had, and there's no need to
limit the discussion to ONLY pre-clan weapons.
Pre-clan, you're right - the AC-2 was a badass option
on VTOL's.  Post-clan, it still had some merit.  I did
not intend to dispute the validity of your comments,
just point out that in other eras, other systems also
offer good VTOL options.  Case in point:

Pulse lasers where
> a clan era invention.

And in that era they are nasty.  The discussion is
about good weapons on VTOL's in general.

> Now, you want to talk about the scariest weapon
> system ever
> invented...  The original, pre-errata gauss cannon.
> An abomination that
> should never have happened.

I don't believe I ever encountered it, the only one I
ever knew of was the post-clan IS (15 tons, 7 crit)
and Clan (12 ton, 6 crit IIRC).  What were the
pre-errata stats?

=====
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: OT Battle-tech (was Re: DS: Walkers) Next: Re: DS: Walkers