Prev: Thanks for the comments Stuart and Beth. Next: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

RE: Walkers

From: "Brian Bell" <bbell1@i...>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:01:29 -0500
Subject: RE: Walkers

I think the solution to the +1 size problem is to:
1. Limit it to medium range or less.
2. It should work both ways. A mech that is tall
enough to warrent the +1 size should also be viewing
the top of standard vehicles, not the front of them.
This is a much larger cross-section. So normal
vehicles should be +1 size to the walker.
3. Walkers should either count any attack that
normally hits top armor as hitting front armor (as
the actual top armor would be so hard to hit since
it has a small cross-section).

But as the other Brian stated, this should only
apply to humanoid walkers and tripod walkers, not
to walkers with a longer horizontal axis than a
verticle axis (4-legged, 6-legged, etc.).

-Brian Bell