Prev: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game] Next: RE: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

Re: [OT] Space Programs was: Columbia

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:38:09 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] Space Programs was: Columbia

On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 22:32:51 -0500, Morton Chalom <telson@ameritech.net>
wrote:

>And that's my point -- I believe you'll find that Honda (and the other
>Japanese importers/assemblers) import the majority of their components,

>instead of setting up component-manufacturing plants here. So, Japanese

>vehicles on average have less than 30% U.S. content, whereas
"traditional"
>American manufacturers (Ford, etc.) have 80%+ U.S. content.

You do realize that a great deal of "American manufacturers'" components
are
actually made in Canada, right?

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game] Next: RE: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]