Prev: RE: scenario ideas [Forwarded with concern] for discussion (but n ot on Abortion...) Next: Re: scenario ideas [Forwarded with concern] for discussion (but not on Abortion...)

RE: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:09:00 -0600
Subject: RE: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

> Scatterguns kill 1d6 fighters.  Each.  If they're heavy fighters, it's
cut
> in half.  Which basically means that most soap bubble fleets are in
really
> deep trouble if they run into any significant numbers of the things.
>
> I could see that the human tech fighter defenses could be changed a
bit.
> But the simple statement, "Fighters' strength scales non-linearly" is
not
> true -- it's the gap over the enemy's defenses that scales
non-linearly in
> value, and that gap scales in _both_ directions.

Eric,
I just wanted to make sure of the way you play this if I remember what
you
have said in the past.

For all those fighter groups, it is your assumption that they all are
attacking as one mass super group or are they attacking as separate
groups
during the same turn?

Also, are you still applying the total damage resulting from the
scatterguns
to the fighters in general, and not assigning each scattergun to a
specific
group?

One more, question.  Are you your comments based on a few very large
ships,
or a mixed fleet of ships that correspond to the Fleet Book designs in
size?

Thanks,
Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com