Prev: Re: scenario ideas [Forwarded with concern] for discussion (but not on Abortion...) Next: Re: [FT] Operational game

RE: scenario ideas [Forwarded with concern] for discussion (but n ot on Abortion...)

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:02:12 +1100
Subject: RE: scenario ideas [Forwarded with concern] for discussion (but n ot on Abortion...)

G'day,

> Well, the People's Republic of China has the "one family, one child"
> policy, so no one is likely to be getting brides from there.	I
> haven't figured out any plausible means by which the ESU might grab
> India--it's even less likely, IMO, than UK/Canada occupying the US.

I tend to go tromping where angels fear to tread, but historically
speaking
China has rolled into India (or the north of it) a fair few times. Given
that by the time they have a crack at India they control Russia, central
Asia and quote possibly parts of southeast Asia India just looks the
next
"sensible" step. This would be especially true if India's population had
overwhelmed its economy and/or their had been hostilities with Pakistan
that
had further weakened them. There are a fair few corridors they could use
get their (and then there's advance tech troop delivery possibilities).
Of
all the different "occupations" the Asian ones seem the most plausible
me.

Cheers

Beth