Prev: Re: [OT] Columbia Next: Re: [OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs

Re: [OT] Space Programs was: Columbia

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 09:58:56 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] Space Programs was: Columbia

On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 17:18:49 +0100 (CET), KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de
wrote:

>Only to American manufacturers ? And will Daimler-Chrysler count as
>such ? They have been test-driving fuel-cell vehicles (Small A-class
>Mercedes) across the US for some time.
>http://www.fleet.chrysler.com/afv_news_details_1.jsp

Honda is an American manufacturer, as it has assembly plants here. I'm
guessing that if Honda does the development in the US it would get the
incentives.

>And has the Bush administration suddenly become environmentally
>friendly ? Or have the big car maker started to holler for subsidies ?

Federally you only get a tax break or rebate for buying an electric car,
not
for buying a hybrid. I saw a show on this recently and explained that
you can
pull hydrogen from gasoline for use in fuel cells, hence hybrid fuel
cell cars
use gasoline for powering the fuel cells. These cars get some very
impressive
mileage, but they don't give a rebate or subsidy to the purchaser.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: [OT] Columbia Next: Re: [OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs