Prev: Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game] Next: Christmas shopping never comes too early!

RE: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

From: "CS Renegade" <njg@c...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 01:24:26 -0000
Subject: RE: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

I could reverse this and say what about the limited anti-
ship capability currently permitted PDS?

I must admit I was thinking purely in terms of the basic FT
system, and having made arrangements to get hold of a first-
day copy of FB2 I haven't even read all the alien weapon
rules properly. There are many questions that would need to
be answered regards the PH plasma bolt and all the races'
equivalents to PDS.

The essential principle of PDS as a proportion of hull mass
should prove fairly portable, as a defence. The one-shot
nature of the KV scattergun makes its evaluation difficult
but not impossible. Not having operated or faced KV since
MT, I don't have a value in mind. Does the mere threat of a
scattergun blast make a fighter pilot more cautious?

Your problem is thus evaluating any defensive system as an
offensive one. It may be necessary to use both old and new
ratings to measure these systems, though this strikes me as
inelegant.

Nathan "my time service is broken" Girdler

Prev: Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game] Next: Christmas shopping never comes too early!