Prev: OT: Casting figs Next: Re: [FT] Operational game

[GROPOS] GROPOS -> DSII Conversion now in version 0.4

From: Symon Cook <Symon@e...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:55:34 +0000
Subject: [GROPOS] GROPOS -> DSII Conversion now in version 0.4

Version 0.4, is now available to anyone who wants to help 'playtest' it.
I'm looking for feedback from DSII fans, or real keen GROPOS players,
preferable those that understand both systems. People with real world
military experience are also wanted, irrespective of their knowledge of
GROPOS or DSII.

Those that expressed an interest before should have their copies. If
not, drop me a line.

Currently standing at 115 pages, this is three parts and is a 560k PDF
with no graphics.

Part one is about fifty pages of new house rules for DSII for use in the
B5 Universe, but many might be useful in any DSII game.

Part two is a direct conversion of the vehicles and troops in the
published GROPOS products. You need GROPOS and the supplements to use
this to it's fullest extent. There are new items of equipment here, as
I'm trying to expand things to cover other periods. For example, the EA
is being expanded to cover the Dilgar War, Minbari War and Civil War
periods. I'm also plugging perceived gaps in equipment and vehicles. As
a bonus, substantial additional Centauri material is available. No
GROPOS stats are presented and I don't plan any, but keen GROPOS players
who don't want to go get DSII can doubtless reverse-engineer back to
GROPOS.

Part three is a ten page skeleton, but will include a major reworking of
TOE and vehicles based heavily on Graves' GROPOS concepts. There isn't
much here at the moment except a few rules for morale of nations not
currently covered in GROPOS, such as the Pak'Ma'Ra and Abbai.

Cheers
--
Symon Cook (founder member of Camros)(The Campaign for Real Operating
Systems).

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

Prev: OT: Casting figs Next: Re: [FT] Operational game