Prev: Re: Linnax railguns.... Next: Re: [OT] Sci Fi book question: 1633

[OT] Sci Fi book question: 1633

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 11:12:50 -0500
Subject: [OT] Sci Fi book question: 1633

Anyone read 1633 by Eric Flint and David
Weber?

At some point in the book, they compare one
of the main characters to a US Civil War era
figure, but they do so by sort of oblique
reference. The characters both seem to know
who they're talking about. Unfortunately, I, less
well versed in the period/place (my American
history was only one half year, we had Europe,
Asia and Canada to worry about too), don't
know which one they were talking about. I can
think of a number of candidates but am not
sure who the analogy is drawn to.

Anyone help me out here?

BTW - Putting this and a number of other books
on Weber's Honorverse CD was an awesome
idea. Must say I'll be supporting more such
ventures if I can.

Tomb
Mr. Thomas Barclay
Software Developer & Systems Analyst
thomas.barclay@stargrunt.ca

Prev: Re: Linnax railguns.... Next: Re: [OT] Sci Fi book question: 1633