Prev: Linnax railguns.... Next: Re: Linnax railguns....

Re: Linnax railguns....

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 06:02:02 -0500
Subject: Re: Linnax railguns....

> Now what would the size for one capable of being used for planetary
defense?
> I figure you would have some sort of building/turret with the
railgun
> pointing skyward,say covering @100 meters.....but how long (or
tall,perhaps)
> would the railgun measure? Would it be similar to some sort of
"super-gun"
> (like the Paris gun of WW1,or the "Saddam Slingshot",the one found
in Iraq
> based on Dr. Gerald Bull's work?)
>
> Just trying toget a rough idea of how to model one for my DS2
games.........

Somehow, a planetary defense weapon sticking up 100m into the air
sounds like a sign reading "Bomb Me!"
I'd make it look like a missile silo.  You shouldn't have to move the
gun to aim it, just twitch the magnetic field in the last few meters
of the track.

Prev: Linnax railguns.... Next: Re: Linnax railguns....