Prev: More Hammer's Slammer's mini news Next: Re: Any Chicago area events?

Re: More Hammer's Slammer's mini news

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 22:21:40 +0000
Subject: Re: More Hammer's Slammer's mini news

>I just got another David Drake newsletter.
>
>So Jon, where exactly are those mini pictures anyway ?

I'll post something soon!
Now that David is talking about it in more detail, I can start to talk
about it myself - yes, we're doing the figures (infantry and crew), plus
the metal bits like the tribarrels for the combat car. Jez at Old Crow
is
doing the actual vehicles (frankly he's welcome to them, I don't have
the
time!! <GRIN>). We've not yet finalised whether we'll be supplying him
with
crews, tribarrels etc and him marketing the models, or vice versa, or
something between the two!
What IS certain is that we'll be selling the infantry and dismounted
crews,
and as Dave says the first figure (a dismounted crewman, in commo helmet
and body armour with holstered pistol, standing with hands on hips - a
simple pose done mainly to get the uniform and equipment details correct
for Dave's approval)  is now done - a few lucky people will have already
got one without realising what it is, as we sent out a handful of them
in
our "Xmas Freebies" gift packets to some of the people who ordered from
us
in December (there, don't you wish YOU had put an order in....??).  ;-)
As Dave commented, I've also done the infantry weapons and tribarrel,
which
he's happy with - the first few figures with 1cm SMGs and 2cm rifles are
now being sculpted and should be ready in another week or two.
David's a really nice guy to work with, and his enthusiasm for the
project
is great - I'm looking forward to getting the first figures into
production.

More news soon.....

Jon (GZG)