Prev: Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures? Next: Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures?

Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures?

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:13:43 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures?

--- Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I get the impression that the God Kings are
> amazingly numerous. The

Less than 100K.

> main problem is that the landings pretty much
> severed a large portion
> of transport capability across the planet making
> ground transport
> through certain areas and cutting off logistics to
> certain types of
> munitions.

Preposition loads of 'em everywhere.  That EN BN in
Fredricksburg (coincidentally, my old National Guard
unit) should have had a couple hundred on pallets
waiting for a chance to use 'em.

> The problem with any possleen force is that they
> present a huge
> direct fire threat to any unit near them that
> unmasks. The foot
> troops that are armed with the mass drivers and
> other weapons tend to
> make MBTs brew pretty fast under a large mass of
> fire.

OK, but STAFF and SADARM are OTH threats.  Which
Posleen can't handle.

> >Mr. Ringo is an excellent writer, but he's an Light
> >Infantryman of 20 years ago and doesn't really grok
> >how the modern battlefield works.
>
> Hmm, perhaps you could offer thoughts and ideas?
> I've been to several
> sit down type book sign-ings with the guy and he's
> quite interesting
> and personable. Very approachable.

He's not going to adopt an idea that makes his premise
obsolete.

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures? Next: Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures?