Prev: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question Next: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question

Re: DSII: Command Unit Question

From: Brian Bilderback <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:32:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question

--- John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Brian Bilderback <greywanderer987@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > If it's all off-board, the only way to compensate
> is
> > with 2 batteries, firing alternately.  But if you
>
> Each of my batteries is divided into two platoons.
> Standard usage is to use one platoon for support
> firing every other turn, and one platoon for
> dedicated
> CB work.

Nice arrangement.  I need to firm up just how I plan
to run my arty.  I'm also still learning the terms - I
was making the mistake of referring to Arty platoons
as batteries.

>From a "Making it seem realistic" POV, off-board makes
sense if you want to justify large numbers of
artillery in comparison to the size of your main
force.	Their larger numbers can be justified by
saying they're actually in support of more units than
just the ones on the board, and the increased
difficulty in the rules for calling off-board arty
comes not from increased communications difficulties,
bur from an increased chance they're busy helping
someone else.

=====
Qui me amat, amet et canis meum.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question Next: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question