Prev: Book Next: [FT] Is this what main drives might be?

Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures?

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:55:57 -0500
Subject: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures?

Has anyone taken the time to make scratch built figures for the Hymn
before battle book series?

ie, Shiva guns, M1/PIVADs, and	God King floaters. It'd be
interesting to play that kind of game. The hard part would be the
mobs of Posleen troops. I suspect that a card with numbers indicating
the quality (number of types of weapons they can fire) would be the
thing to do.

Also, has anyone taken the time to make up Posleen command rules?
They'll need some interesting rules.
  - Morale failures cause the Posee's to run towards fire, not away.
  - Troops/Threshkeen in the path of Posleen advances have a good
chance to break if the Posleen come within charge or hand to hand
range.
  - God Kings act like awfully effective ZAD with line of sight range
  - Emplaced defenses like mines, booby traps, etc are exceedingly
effective against Posleen formations due to amazing stupidity.
  - Area fire effects are exceedingly effective against Posleen
formations due to their closely bunched nature.

St John, perhaps you've got a modeling/sales opportunity here? I can
get you in touch with John Ringo (the author) to cover this axis of
advance?

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, you must read the
books by John Ringo about the Posleen War. http://www.baen.com
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Book Next: [FT] Is this what main drives might be?