Prev: RE: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03 Next: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03 (actually OT html editors)

RE: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@p...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 13:01:14 -0000
Subject: RE: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03

On 18 Jan 2003 at 0:15, Mark A. Siefer wrote:

> You know guys... When the UFTWWWP first came on the scene, I knew how
> handle HTML by hand.	However, as the code got more and more complex,
> became more and more dependent on the editors.  I don't even know what
> version HTML is up to right now.

The latest, and last, version of HTML is 4.01, which is only a minor
change from 4.0 which was released back in 1997.
Beyond that there's XHTML 1.0 which is just HTML 4.01 written in an
XML syntax.
Then there's XHTML 1.1 which is unusable as, if done properly, it can
not be parsed by any existing version Internet Explorer!.
And XHTML 2.0 is currently being written but unless Microsoft get
their act together that too will be unusable in public web sites.

The main difference between now and a few years ago is that today
almost all sites use extensive CSS stylesheets for all the
presentation and layout.

	Steve
--
Steve Pugh				    <steve@pugh.net>
Web Developer/Consultant     <http://steve.pugh.net/>

Prev: RE: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03 Next: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03 (actually OT html editors)