Prev: RE: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03 Next: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03

Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@p...>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:32:50 -0000
Subject: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03

http://www.homegame.org/siefert/uftwwwp/index.htm

> What kind of implementation of this page are you doing? Whenever
> I try to bring it up, nothing but the background appears. I know
> something is supposed to be there because I can see stuff when I
> do a "view source", but in the browser itself (Netscape 4.*), nada
> but the background image.

The most common reason for a page showing blank in Netscape 4 is a
missing </td> or </table> tag.

Looking at the source of this page I see that it was generated with
Microsoft Word and so is full of their dreadful pseudo-XML that
serves no purpose what so ever as far as the web is concerned and
just makes the file several times larger than it needs to be.

	Steve

--
Steve Pugh				    <steve@pugh.net>
Web Developer/Consultant     <http://steve.pugh.net/>

Prev: RE: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03 Next: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03