Prev: RE: Round Bases for Full Thrust Ships Next: Re: WAS: RE: [OT] Sevice, now RANKS, which isn't really OT if you use your imagination...

RE: Round Bases for Full Thrust Ships

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:34:39 -0600
Subject: RE: Round Bases for Full Thrust Ships

> Can anyone recommend a source for the round metal bases for Full
> Thrust ships that have the markings at the clock positions?
>
> I didn't see any on the GZG site, but I may very well have missed
> them......

Those bases originated at GeoHex and they are still available from them
(along with their new 'Nova' bases that look like a star or a flower
with 12
rays going outward)  On geohex.com, click the Galactic Knights link,
then
the miscellaneous stuff link on the bottom for the bases.

I still like to use them on capital ships, though I do add a fender
washer
on the bottom to lower the center of gravity of the mini-base
combination
(and I replace the post with brass tubing, etc).  If anyone has a bunch
they
don't need, let me know (and Micheal too)

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com