Prev: Re: [OT] Sevice Next: Power Projection Review

Re: [OT] Sevice

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:14:52 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Sevice

--- Allan Goodall <agoodall@hyperbear.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:03:07 -0500, Ryan M Gill

> what exactly are the various E- ratings? I believe
> they are ratings for
> enlisted men, but what do they represent, and why
> have an E-number when you
> could have a title?

E-numbers refer to a pay grade which is uniform across
the services.  It's how much I get paid.  This matters
when:

1)Multiple ranks occupy the same pay grade.

2)Multi-service organizations need to decide who's in
charge, the Army Sergeant or the Air Force Sergeant
(answer:  The Army Sergeant is an E-5, so he's in
charge of that punk E-4 Air Farce Sergeant).

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Sevice Next: Power Projection Review