Prev: RE: [OT] Sevice Next: Re: [OT] Sevice

RE: [OT] Sevice

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:37:24 -0500
Subject: RE: [OT] Sevice

At 3:19 PM -0800 1/14/03, Foxx Travis wrote:
>How about the ranking and titles in other nations
>militaries?

That gets more complex and gap-ish.

For example, in the British Army, they progress as
Pvt, Lance Cpl, Cpl, Sgt, Staff Sgt, WO 2nd, WO 1st.
The US However, adds sgt, staff sgt, sgt 1st class, 1st sgt, between
the British Cpl and Sgt ranks with a US master sgt being equivalent
to Sgt in the British army.

see
http://www.av8.org/av8fst-uk/ranks.html
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: RE: [OT] Sevice Next: Re: [OT] Sevice