Prev: [Operational Game] Next: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

Re: [OT] Sevice

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:03:07 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Sevice

At 6:21 AM -0500 1/14/03, Glenn M Wilson wrote:
>You serve at your country's need.  And "getting out" doesn't protect
you
>- my old Boy Scout leader was a Navy corpsman assigned to PTO (Marines
of
>course)in WW2	and than was recalled for Korean War (and almost ended
up
>in combat again...)  despite wife and kids.  Necessity? His Corpsman
>skill...

Of course, there is this one friend of mine here in Atlanta who's an
Army Airborne type (an E-5 I think). He was in for a good while in
the combat infantry arms side, then was out. The 9/11 crap hit the
fan and he was pulled back. He was rather excited as he figured he'd
get to run in some fun/dangerous ops (he thinks the latter is the
former) but....he was handed to CID here in Atlanta to supervise E-2s
or -3s that don't have any real combat experience.

Last I saw him (This past Summer at Dragon Con), he was running
around Atlanta in body armor, in the summer, doing CID stuff annoyed
with being board. His only excitement was being confronted by a Cop
who wanted to know why someone was running around in camo, body
armor, and other gear while armed....needless to say, he had to work
very carefully to keep his two E-2s from getting him killed by the
suddenly very touchy cop...

Somehow I think he'd rather have more than two greenhorn E-2s as
backup...

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: [Operational Game] Next: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium