Prev: RE: Operational Game Next: RE: Operational Game

Re: Operational Game

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:55:23 +0000
Subject: Re: Operational Game

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 09:44:19AM +1100, Robertson, Brendan wrote:
>Maybe create some sort of economic "pick-a-box" which will affect your
>overall strategy.
>One side generates a low-education/high resources society and another
>generates a high-education/moderate resources society to determine
their
>initial crew and fleet allocations.

The problem is that some strategies are clearly optimal from a
war-winning point of view. I'm thinking at the moment of having a system
which lets you pick pretty much any level of resources you want in each
field; but they cost victory points from your eventual total (in
game-balance terms, because they're making you stronger; in in-game
terms, because you've shaped your society to be a war-fighter rather
than anything more interesting). So just as blowing away the destroyer
escorting a convoy doesn't count for much if you use a SDN to do it, the
NAC doesn't get many victory points for crushing Alarishi Rock #1637-B.

Prev: RE: Operational Game Next: RE: Operational Game