Prev: [DS] Armour on vehicles Next: [OT] Sevice

Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:59:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

--- devans@nebraska.edu wrote:

> On the contrary, my first FTII campaign attempt was
> a 'frontier' system,
> very limited developement, using only the ships on
> hand. Started well
> enough, but I couldn't keep the players motivated.

Sounds interesting.  Do you have the guts of that
campaign system still around?

> My current design is of an even more limited area, a
> planetary assault. As
> I've not figured a way to model the ground game with
> DSII in the manner I
> mentioned sometime ago, I've been toying with a
> version of Fortress
> America. I've plenty of the game pieces. ;->=

DSII is more suited to company/BN level combat.
Depends on the size of the invading force.  :)

You can also do a scale-down, where one DSII mini
represents a PLT or even Company.  Was once in a CDII
campaign that did Barbarossa at a 1:125 scale, so that
each corps was represented by a regiment on the table.

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: [DS] Armour on vehicles Next: [OT] Sevice