Prev: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium Next: RE: Upping armor (on size 1 vehicles as a start)

Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

From: devans@n...
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:00:04 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

***
An operational level wargame would be fun, as well as
much simpler to model adequately, but I'm the only one
that thinks so.
***

On the contrary, my first FTII campaign attempt was a 'frontier' system,
very limited developement, using only the ships on hand. Started well
enough, but I couldn't keep the players motivated.

My current design is of an even more limited area, a planetary assault.
As
I've not figured a way to model the ground game with DSII in the manner
mentioned sometime ago, I've been toying with a version of Fortress
America. I've plenty of the game pieces. ;->=

I doubt that I'm doing the level of detail you seek, but I certainly
agree
that the grand strategy game tends to be unconvincing as to 'realism'.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium Next: RE: Upping armor (on size 1 vehicles as a start)