Prev: Re: Happy New Year and E911 Next: Re: Happy New Year and E911

Re: [OT] Corruption

From: ShldWulf@a...
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 01:54:04 EST
Subject: Re: [OT] Corruption

In a message dated 1/6/2003 5:13:21 PM Mountain Standard Time,
triphibious@juno.com writes:

> There is a cute little revision currently being run in the (IIRC)
> Philippines - special traffic police send a vehicle  up the one way
> (wrong direction) and their partners stop you and give you a on the
spot
> fine (perfectly legal) for driving the wrong way.  Guess how much
makes
> it to the station?

Recall time in Germany mode:

Funny how the Politzi(sp?) would ALWAYS have speed checks up the morning
of
an on-base Commanders call. Fines on the spot, to be payed in cash,
(perfectly legal :o) and such. How much made it back to the station? Why
all
of it. That was the collection point for the money for the beer party
that
afternoon. (Somewhere along the way, someone would usually end up
mentioning
the part to the local Military folks. Hmmm, got to keep up those
German/American relations. Like we were going to complain about buying
our
own beer :o)

Oh, and the way to get out of paying? (My wife discovered this one :o)
Don't
carry a lot of cash on you. When you start counting out Pfenig,
(pennies) to
try and pay they will usually wave you on :o)

Randy

Prev: Re: Happy New Year and E911 Next: Re: Happy New Year and E911