Prev: Re: [OT] Corruption Next: [OT] Corruption

Re: [OT] Corruption

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 19:06:57 EST
Subject: Re: [OT] Corruption

There is a cute little revision currently being run in the (IIRC)
Philippines - special traffic police send a vehicle  up the one way
(wrong direction) and their partners stop you and give you a on the spot
fine (perfectly legal) for driving the wrong way.  Guess how much makes
it to the station?

$10 equivalent fines add up after a hard day misdirecting traffic
(failure to obey a special traffic officer is also $10 equivalent
IIRC...
win/win - for them...)

Gracias,
Glenn

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 06:41:45 +0100 KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de
(K.H.Ranitzsch) writes:

> [...]

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Corruption Next: [OT] Corruption