Prev: Re: [OT] Corruption Next: Re: [OT] Corruption

RE: [OT] Corruption

From: Michael Brown <mwbrown@s...>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 06:48:42 -0800
Subject: RE: [OT] Corruption

So, you've been to Mexico recently?

Michael Brown

-----Original Message-----
From:	K.H.Ranitzsch
Sent:	Sunday, January 05, 2003 9:42 PM
To:	gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
Subject:	Re: [OT] Corruption

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Teske" <mithramuse@yahoo.com>
> --- John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > John, why do you think you need a governmental
> > > regulation before there can be corruption?
> >
> > If there's no rules, you can't bribe people to look
> > the other way when you violate 'em.
>
> Well, sure, but rules hardly require a government to make 'em.
> Every company has their own procurement/purchasing procedures,
> whether written or not, to protect their own interests if
> nothing else (e.g., not paying too much for
> equipment/components/whatever while their procurement decision
> maker gets rich quick).

And, by the way, corruption is certainly not limited to government
purchases
or trade regulations. In fact, in a corrupt country anything can fall to
it.

"You have been driving too fast on this road. That's a 100 Credit fine".
"But I was only doing only 50 km/h !"
"Speaking up to the police, eh ? We have nice rooms for people like you"
"Oh, ok, but I have only 50 Creds on me"
"That's OK if you don't need a receipt. Will save us the paperwork"

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [OT] Corruption Next: Re: [OT] Corruption