Prev: Re: [OT] Happy New Year and E911 Next: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention

Procurement was Re: [OT] Happy New Year and E911

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 15:40:02 EST
Subject: Procurement was Re: [OT] Happy New Year and E911

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 15:36:29 -0800 (PST) Aaron Teske
<mithramuse@yahoo.com> writes:
<snip>

>I suppose you can make the arguement that if there's no rule
>against it, the person in charge of buying your equipment can
>simply go with whoever pays him or her the most -- but that's
>not all that likely to get you the best equipment, is it?
>
>			    Aaron Teske
>			    Mithramuse@njaccess.com
>			    aka Mithramuse@yahoo.com

Well, low bid got the M16 - I used to have some in the armory (Half of
my
unit's weapons were M16 - prior to M16A1 (but we were the bottom of the
pile...) when I was in USAR post active USAF time) and the M-16
certainly
was a um, "...controversial..."  weapon whose evaluation varied from
purchaser to user.

It's possible but unlikely you get the 'best' widget that way.

Assuming 'best' can be objectively determined.	Often the key evaluation
(JSF process not withstanding) requires human judgment.

Gracias,
Glenn

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Happy New Year and E911 Next: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention