Prev: Re: Limits of technology Next: Re: Limits of technology

Re: Limits of technology

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 07:16:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Limits of technology

--- Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@webone.com.au>
wrote:

> John A. will naturally be aware of this: compare,
> say, ACE with some of the
> European combat engineer equipment. Even the
> ex-Soviet stuff. A lot of the

Most of the ex-Sov stuff looks like junk to me.  But,
for instance, the Wolverine is the marraige of the M-1
chassis (automotive commonality) with the hydraulics
and bridge off of the German Leopard-chassis
bridgelayer.  Wolverine is Near and Dear to me right.
We pick up ours next week.  :)	SEE truck is Mercedes,
too.

> The comparison is not therefore between ACE and, say
> Grizzly. It's between 3
> ACEs and an M-728 here and now vs a single Grizzly
> available sometime
> nextweek
> maybe.

Well, the Griz is more or less dead, a victim of the
"lighter is better" moronic mentality infecting our
senior ossifers.

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Limits of technology Next: Re: Limits of technology