Prev: [ISO] California Gamers Next: Re: [ISO] California Gamers

Re: [ISO] California Gamers

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:51:57 -0600
Subject: Re: [ISO] California Gamers

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 02:50:11 -0500, "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@magma.ca>
wrote:

>Stargrunt.ca just got a message from a fellow
>looking for some GZG gamers in California (of
>course, .ca would fool most unwary Americans
>because it is also the abbreviation for California
>in postal codes, but it actually means CANADA
>as a TLD).

This happens from time to time. I remember reading about some
Californian web
sites that were none too happy about having to give up their .ca
address. It
seems that they somehow managed to register .ca addresses when they
weren't in
Canada. They had to give them up, or change them to .ca.us .

To be honest, I always thought that the country codes should have been
two or
three letters, as .can is far more recognizable as Canada than .ca.
You'd
still have Austria and Australia confused, though...

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: [ISO] California Gamers Next: Re: [ISO] California Gamers