Prev: RE: (SG2)Gunfight at the semi-OK Cor-Ral, really... Next: RE: (SG2)Gunfight at the semi-OK Cor-Ral, really...

RE: (SG2)Gunfight at the semi-OK Cor-Ral, really...

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@p...>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:21:42 -0000
Subject: RE: (SG2)Gunfight at the semi-OK Cor-Ral, really...

Michael Brown wrote:
> laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:
>> David said:
>>>
>>> Seems to me, that if the potential hits are an even number, that the
shots
>>> should be split up between the support weapon and the rifles being
used.

Even if there's, extreme example, twenty rifles and one SAW?

>>> Or, if it's an odd number of hits, that they should be split as even
as
>>> possible, then the odd shot would be rolled off, 1-3 Assault Rifles,
4-6
>>> SAW. (A hit of 1 would be dealt the same way.
>>
>> In our recent PBEM game, IIRC Roger's NSL squad was on the
>> receiving end of an Islamic Fed squad as follows:
>> D6 (QD) + D10 (5 ARs) + D12 (AGL) + D10 (SAW) + D8 (IAVR)
>> Roll result was  D6 = 3, D10 = 8, D12 = 9, D10 = 9, D8 = 3.
>> Roger's roll was 6, and there were three casualties.

I assume that casulaties means potential hits in this context?

>> How would you divide them?
>
> 1 hit from AR, 1 from AGL and 1 from SAW.  Those being the dice that
exceeded
> the target.

And if the qaulity die had beaten the target, what then?
Or if there had been four potential hits? Dice that fail to beat the
target still contribute towards the number of hits.

There's already a mechanism in SG2 that avoids the problem of mixed
Impact values in a squad's fire - the Quick and Dirty Option from
pp36-37.

	Steve
--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/gzg/meta-faq.txt

Steve Pugh   <steve@pugh.net>	<http://steve.pugh.net/>

Prev: RE: (SG2)Gunfight at the semi-OK Cor-Ral, really... Next: RE: (SG2)Gunfight at the semi-OK Cor-Ral, really...