Prev: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams, part 2 Next: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams, part 2

Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communic ations

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 19:23:25 +0100
Subject: Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communic ations

John Atkinson wrote:

 >>...this is one of the bits I don't quite understand in John's NRE
write-up
 >>- the NRE happily (and successfully!) attacks the RH without having
its
 >>supposedly good relations with the NAC turn liquid-helium cold, but
when
 >>the ESU attacks RH outworld installations the NAC immediately goes to
war
 >>to help the Romanovs?
 >
 >When the NRE goes in after the RH, it was a limited
 >war for a limited objective, and the NAC was already
 >engaged in a slugging match with the ESU and FSE.

Sorry, but this is bullshit.

The NAC *and the RH* were already engaged in a slugging match with the
ESU
and FSE: the 3rd Solar War begins in 2165, NSL and RH joins in on the
NAC
side in 2166; the first (unsuccessful) NRE attack on New Sofia occurs in

2168 - at the same time as the ESU's attack on the RH settlement of
Tsitsihar (in the Treralis system).

Are these simultaneous attacks a mere coincidence? I doubt that the NAC
leadership would believe that even if it were true (which I also doubt,
considering the normal Byzantine political
and diplomatic slipperiness). To a superpower fighting for its
existence,
the NRE's action looks very much like openly siding with the ESU.

The next NRE attack on the RH comes in 2173 - right after the Sumani IV
incident has caused the 3rd Solar War to heat up again. The timeline
doesn't mention the RH much after this year - they seem to have been
knocked out *of the 3rd Solar War* by someone... and according to your
timeline, the NRE delivered a devastating knock-out blow to the RH in
this
year. Another
coincidence? Again I very much doubt that the NAC leadership would
believe it.

In other words, from the NAC's point of view the NRE first appeared to
have
carefully coordinated its attacks on an important NAC ally with the
ESU's
operations, and some years knocked that same ally out of the war
entirely
just as the fighting began to heat up again and the NAC needed all the
support its allies could provide.

This is not just a "limited war for a limited objective" - it is a major

contribution to the ESU cause in the 3rd Solar War.

Do you *really* believe that the NAC "wouldn't care" about a 3rd-rate
power
making major contributions to the enemy's cause?

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams, part 2 Next: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams, part 2