Prev: Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications Next: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams, part 2

FTL Buoys/Missiles/Torpedoes

From: Tim Bancroft <tim@d...>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:28:47 -0000
Subject: FTL Buoys/Missiles/Torpedoes

>[Oerjan] [The same effect as other weapon systems][limited friendly
fire
effect][place before orders]
[place before orders] Nice point: I was following the rules "as is".  My

main concern with placing before order writing is that it enables
failures
and lost ships to be immediately compensated for.

[same as others] Erm, no - none that I've seen or trawled for otherwise
I've have used it directly.  None of those mentioned or seen have both
the
same effect and mode of operation: launch/re-entry is not on anything
that's around; damage which could be the same (D6+reroll if smaller ship

battles) or different (if the 1-36 damage is used); and the radius of
effect means you can use them at 7mu range if really stuck (I haven't
yet
been able to "straddle" a target ship with entry *and* exit damage) :-(

Interestingly, the FTL salvo missiles in the archives don't take damage
from each other, perhaps because they assume a single FTL launching
core,
but they don't specify such (and we're trying to maintain logic in a
fantasy world?	;-)  )

[limited friendly fire] The launch effect is a bit more tricky than at
first glance and can be useful (if you're unfortunate).   Any slip-ups
with
vector movement (I daresay it's easier in cinematic) means you can
"block"
yourself, even though you can effectively launch on the non-target side.

Have fun,
Tim Bancroft
http://www.dragonshome.net/

Prev: Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications Next: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams, part 2