Prev: Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications Next: [OT] Space Combat

Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re:Command/Communications

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:15:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re:Command/Communications

Oerjan said
>...this is one of the bits I don't quite understand in John's NRE
write-up
- the NRE happily (and successfully!) attacks the RH without having its
supposedly good relations with the NAC turn liquid-helium cold, but when

the ESU attacks RH outworld installations the NAC immediately goes to
war
to help the Romanovs?

I'd expect John is basing that at least partially on the fact that the
Eastern Roman Empire got mercenaries (Varangians) from England so must
have
had decent relations with the English (insofar as they had any relations
at
all).  The friction with RH might be based on the occasional Rus attacks
on
Constantinople, and the NRE might also think of itself as having at
least
some legitimate claim to the Romanov crown (or more accurately, might
think
of the RH as an upstart/breakaway from legitimate NRE rule).  Of course,
the Avtokrat thinks of himself as being the Sole Legitimate Ruler of
Humanity and God's Regent, so I'm not sure whether the RH are any more
illegitimate than, say, the OU.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications Next: [OT] Space Combat