Prev: Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications Next: Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams

From: Tim Bancroft <tim@d...>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:53:32 -0000
Subject: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams

Thanks for your comments, Oerjan especially. If I can summarise:

1. Yes, there is a disparity in points/effectiveness on the low-level
Beams
vs K-Guns.  This is more likely to show up at the low-level, small-ship
"vanilla" FB2 squadrons I am using, hence wiped-out KV squadrons (almost

irrespective of tactics).
..However...
2. ...the points do not necessarily work out well when using vector
movement anyway (which, as you correctly guessed, in some guise or
another
is the only movement system I use).

I think I have a partial answer: just playtest and work out a relative
points factor for the smaller ships.  As I like the movement prediction,
am loathe to move back to cinematic.

btw, Whilst this is probably acedemic now but as you asked I uploaded
the
work-spreadsheet with the simple range functions I used (which just
prove
the above).  It now has a link, which helps.

Have fun,
Tim Bancroft (Stonehenge - not close enough for a KV tactics lessen!)
http://www.dragonshome.net/