Prev: Re: [OT] Twilight Imperium Next: Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:27:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

--- Symon Cook <Symon@ereshkigal.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> >Zero elements.
>
> So in a farcical example, if I field one element, it
> has to have a C/C
> system? Or if one Infantry element, that element has
> to have an emplaced
> C/C? Not sure I buy either of those.

That's why we have house rules.

> >>What if it doesn't have one.
> >
> >Then it can't rally any of its units.
>
> Again, I expect an elite platoon of commando ought
> to be able to self
> rally.

1)If you have an elite commando on the table, you're
using 'em wrong.  SOF do NOT belong at the FEBA where
people drive tanks around.  They belong way behind
enemy lines where the enemy doesn't have anyone
capable of putting up a fight.

2)If the unit's morale is broken, the unit's morale is
broken.  It's not going to improve spontaneously.

> >Unless it is the *overall* command unit,
> appearently nothing...
>
> Hmm, I get the impression I must be the only person
> to ever bother much
> about this. (Sorry).

Don't apologize.  OO is right--this is a case where
house rules come into play.

DSII assumes one C2 element is sufficient for the
whole battlefield because the BN/BDE HQ as adequate
information management assets to individually control
each platoon and so the company level is not a
fighting headquarters, just an administrative thang.

Most people assume otherwise and organize their units
in conventional company formations (for more examples
than you really want, see the NRE homepage).  I take
this as far as having a C2 vehicle at the company
level, and no less than 5 at the BN level.

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Twilight Imperium Next: Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications