Prev: Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications Next: Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists

Re: New Person 8) (sort of)

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 22:05:56 +0000
Subject: Re: New Person 8) (sort of)

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 09:59:19PM -0000, Gary Jeffery wrote:
>Hi Everyone, I've just (re)joined the list after a long-long break.....
>
>I wanted to guage the reaction of people to a new ship designer
program,

Aha! The enemy!

<cough cough>

I mean, welcome, fellow ship-designer-programmer... :-)

>currently only for Fleet Book I, but I am working on the Fleet Book 2
Version.  This one produces BMP files, very much like those in the fleet
book itself.

Interesting, and very pretty! It's something I looked at for the new
shipyard program I'm working on (yes, shiptools will soon be obsolete) -
but ended up deciding it was probably too much trouble. I don't have a
Windows box to check - do you generate your own positions for the
systems, or rely on the user to put them where he wants them?

Suggestion: use a home-built ship for your screenshots, rather than
something out of FB1. Minor politeness... :-)

>You will notice that when you add fighters, the cost for the fighters
is already added (as well as the cost for the fighter bay).

This is not necessarily the "right" answer in every case. (a) FB2's (and
MT's) variant fighter types; (b) in a campaign game.

Cheers,

Roger