Prev: Re: [SG] asphalt bases Next: Re: [Modelling] Information Request: Paint Removal

[OT] Canadian's finally reward vets of Medak Pocket

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 01:47:31 -0500
Subject: [OT] Canadian's finally reward vets of Medak Pocket

It's a little OT, but it makes for some interesting
reading to see that the PPCLI (same regiment
we sent to Afghanistan, though with a heavy
constituent of reservists as stiffeners) cleaned
up in this fight too. I know we don't spend what
we need to on our army (didn't even when I
wore the uniform and things have only
deteriorated), but it looks like the spirit is still
willing if the budget is weak.

http://www.balkanpeace.org/wcs/wct/wctc/wctc003.shtml

And a longer and more detailed view

http://www.cda-cdai.ca/library/medakpocket2.htm

Things came to mind reading these:
1) It's nice to have firepower (Canadian APCs
might have been better off with a chaingun in
the 25-30mm range and a Hellfire or TOW
system)
2) Blue is great for peacekeeping. When the
bullets start flying, it'd be nice to have some
camo helmet covers or a phototrophic paintjob
on the old eggshell helmet/target.
3) Bringing the international media to bear is a
potent weapon in such conflicts where evils
occur mostly unnoticed....

Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Re: [SG] asphalt bases Next: Re: [Modelling] Information Request: Paint Removal