Prev: Re: [Modelling] Information Request: Paint Removal Next: Re: [Modelling] Information Request: Paint Removal

Points balance on K-guns vs Beams

From: Tim Bancroft <tim@d...>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:53:18 +0000
Subject: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams

><Oerjan>[I'm] quite interested in seeing these calculations,
>both on the K-guns and on the human beams.
Finding that KV were consistently outclassed at equal points, even with
differing tactics, I was trying to balance out the KV vs human ships
situation at the smaller ship scales (Cruiser and below). I'd also seen
(laserlight's?) comments on a site on a 50% pts bias towards KV.

As a result I set up a spreadsheet to try and calculate reasonable
weightings based on weighted "most common range" groups and average
damage at the range, with some additional weighting due to armour.  The
KV results came out very similar to those mentioned in FB2, which
suggests they were calc'd in a similar way, whilst the Beams didn't.

I'll comment the spreadsheet (.xls) and put it up on the site (by Weds
4th Dec).  I haven't checked Pulse Torps or SMs yet - the latter are
*much* more complex.  (Beware: as it's my own work-sheet, it's none too
pretty!)
--
Tim Bancroft

Prev: Re: [Modelling] Information Request: Paint Removal Next: Re: [Modelling] Information Request: Paint Removal