Prev: FTMap: Is this project still alive? Next: Now Really Fraggin' Off Topic was, merely Veering [OT] Fundamentalists in general, was RE: [FH] ecofundamentalists was RE: [FH] World maps

Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 20:16:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> > Even Stargrunt, they're not skilled or disciplined
> enough to go up
> against
> > a standard military force.
>
> It doesn't take skill and discipline.  An armed
> rabble can do the
> trick, if there are enough of them and they keep
> coming.  (IRL that
> doesn't work but it can in SG).

Uhh... If and Only If the skilled and disciplined
force is willing to voluntarily forgo using it's
firepower for political reasons (Somalia, fer
instance, where we had the artillery standing by but
could not get political authorization to use it in an
urban area).

Armored vehicles or adequate artillery support can
make short work of any realistic number of rabble--and
kill a large enough percentage of an unrealistic crowd
to break their hearts for a generation.

John

http://webhosting.yahoo.com