Prev: Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists Next: RE: Digital Photo Experiment #1

Re: Suffren vs Hughes

From: devans@n...
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 12:22:09 -0600
Subject: Re: Suffren vs Hughes

>From : http://perso.club-internet.fr/fredbey/histsurf.html

Napoléon lamented with justice being unable to benefit from the
services of
this sailor whose impulse was to the offensive who had died in 1788:
«Oh
why didn't this man live longer? I would have had my own Nelson! »

***

While I was somewhat familiar with De Grasse, I'm ashamed I never
followed
the name of a ship(as well as spaceship) back to this fascinating
person.
Thanks to you both, for having set me on my way to correcting my error!
Definitely campaign ideas a-percholating for FT.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists Next: RE: Digital Photo Experiment #1