Prev: Suffren vs Hughes Next: Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists

Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 13:10:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists

At 11:33 AM 11/17/02 -0500, you wrote:
>At 9:58 AM -0500 11/17/02, John Crimmins wrote:
>>
>>Early experiments involved adapting human beings to live in new
>>environments while still maintaining a humanoid form (thus the
Encounter
>>Suit guys, who could just be, say, ammonia breathers) while the more
>>radical fringe have entirely discarded the human form and have been
>>designing people that will fit more-or-less seamlessly into alien
ecosystems.

>So how many mistakes did they make? And did they just gloss over those?

Acknowledged them (privately, as they didn't want to tip their hands to
the
world too soon) and moved on.  They were working on their own children,
and
doing so in a very cold-blooded and precise way.

When they *did* go public with their experiments, they had mobs howling
for
their blood in no time at all.	And with good reason.

>>*These* Pantropists don't look human at all, and probably aren't
humans in
>>any meaningful way.  Their societies are developing in some very
unusual
>>(and a little disturbing) ways.
>
>Ftah Ftah! Narethotehp aeeii, Ftah!

I've actually been thinking of using this background for an RPG campaign
at
some point, with the players making what they first assume to be first
contact with an ailen race...only to discover that no, these guys are
relatives.

As a result, I've given this a lot of thought in the past

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Suffren vs Hughes Next: Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists