Prev: Re: [SG] Overwatch Next: Re: [Very OT Indeed] ACT Bill Of Rights

Re: [Very OT Indeed] ACT Bill Of Rights

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:31:51 +1100
Subject: Re: [Very OT Indeed] ACT Bill Of Rights

I've just created a new list on yahoogroups. Please do NOT mail on the
gzg-l
list
regarding this. It's about politics, and an area where a lot of people
have
very strong
opinions, so will probably end up in a flame-fest despite my best
intentions.

The reason I'm posting on this list is because I particularly value the
opinions of
people on it, much as I may disagree with many of them.

I've been selected (by lottery) as a representative at a mini-convention
discuss whether the Australian Capital Territory needs a Bill of Rights
or
not - and if so, what form it should take.

I'm therefore canvassing other people who can give me *evidence* to back
up
either proposition. Such evidence could include:

How well does your country do with/without such a bill?

What effect does having/not having such a bill have on your daily life?

How did your country end up with a Bill ( For example, the US Bill of
Rights
has portions directly lifted from the British Bill of Rights 1688 ).

URLs are strongly encouraged - if you have an opinion, please back it up
with concrete evidence if you can. Newspaper stories, links to
legislation,
etc.

The List is unmoderated. Flamers will be despised and ignored.

ACTBillOfRights@yahoogroups.com

Prev: Re: [SG] Overwatch Next: Re: [Very OT Indeed] ACT Bill Of Rights