Prev: Limited Info Wargaming Next: Re: Limited Info Wargaming

Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1389

From: Adrian Johnson <adrian.johnson@s...>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 04:18:31 -0500
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1389

Hi,

>3. If you use dark text on light backgrounds then consider an off-
>white colour for the background as it makes reading large amounts of
>text more easier (and may help the dyslexics in your family, though
>that varies from individual to individual).

For exactly this reason the backgrounds in the text areas on
stargrunt.ca
are a light blue-grey, not white.  Much easier to read text that way.

I don't know about dyslexics, but I've found people generally find it
easier to read heavier text articles with black text on light
background,
but stuff like menus and etc. that people aren't looking at for a long
time
work well as light text on dark. Hence the stargrunt.ca colour scheme...

High contrast is good, but not if both colours are strong.  For example,
never put red text on a blue background unless you're doing some kind of
fancy graphic.	It'll drive people nuts...

The best backgrounds are plain (ie no texture), and a pale off-white
colour
- grey, pastel blue, that kind of thing.

Anyway, tastes definately vary, but these work well most of the time.

-Adrian

Adrian Johnson
adrian@stargrunt.ca
http://www.stargrunt.ca

Prev: Limited Info Wargaming Next: Re: Limited Info Wargaming