Prev: Re: [SG] Smoke Next: Re: [SG] Smoke

RE: [SG] Smoke

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:37:19 -0700
Subject: RE: [SG] Smoke

Perhaps there need to be tech levels for smoke:

Tech 1 - basic smoke (white phosphorous, diesel on a hot manifold...)
Tech 2 - Basic smoke, chemical additives to block IR lasers
Tech 3 - BS + IR blocking + IR decoys
Tech 4 - Tech 3 + metallic particle smoke to block millimeter radar
Tech 5 - Tech 4 + active electronic jammers

So infantry with tech 5 sensors and targeting systems are unaffected by
lesser smoke - i.e. they have equipment that effectively allows them to
"see" the target.  Whereas infantry with tech 3 sensors would be
effectively neutralized by tech 4 or 5 smoke and suffer a modified die
type when dealing with tech 3 smoke but able to ignore tech 1 or 2
smoke.

--Binhan