Prev: RE: [SG,DS,FH] unit composition and camouflage Next: Re: [SG,DS,FH] unit composition and camouflage [and] ...cometary's corner

RE: [SG,DS,FH] unit composition and camouflage [and] ...cometary's corner

From: devans@n...
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 05:02:01 -0600
Subject: RE: [SG,DS,FH] unit composition and camouflage [and] ...cometary's corner

Please forgive groggy reply; having trouble switching from daylight
savings...

I hope the point with mixed or not units might be whether you want a
fully
logical FH, which obviously most tend compared to certain other game
systems. ;->= However, my Konstantin, should it ever see battle, will
certainly have at least on all=female squadron in memory of the valiant
P-3
pilots mentioned elsewhere.

We might well have Texas contingents of the FCT be 'too gentlemenly to
have
women fighters'. My limited experience, though, is that Texans are
entirely
comfortable, and rather proud of the toughness of their females.

***
I was thinking of building a couple of system defense boats...
***

You'll have to check the archives, but I'm fairly certain that most
folks
think not-FTL ships aren't a great bargain, especially if you need
tug/carriers to transport. We'd probably need details on how your
campaign
is running; do you need FTL to use gates? FTL only works with gates?
B5's
semi-mixed?

***
I also am thinking of using needle missiles to try and capture as many
ships as possible.
***

Some campaigns require extensive rework to refit a ship into a foreign
it's origins) fleet. This might also be a requirement to balance such a
campaign. Add the defense's advantage of non-FTL forces, and the enemy's
loss of ships resulting in the defender's acquiring new ones means a
'first
assault' best have the concentration-of-force to assure success. I.E.,
one
BIG honker.

I agree with Brenden, and probably modify it slightly to, nothing kills
campaign faster than making it obvious that you will lose your entire
offensive arm in such an assault, and have everyone sitting in their
separate citadels waiting for attacks.

On the other, other hand, Samir, I may just be experiencing sour grapes.
really envy your enthusiasm; I never tried a campaign game after only
two
games! ;->=

The_Beast