Prev: Re: Mixed combat units, etc. Next: RE: [SG,DS,FH] unit composition and camouflage

Re: new guy on the cometary's corner

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:16:47 +0000
Subject: Re: new guy on the cometary's corner

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 09:09:23PM -0700, Skp wrote:
>If anyone knows where I can find a ship builder program
>please email me the link (please use my email off list) I would name my
>first ship after you.

Well, how can I turn down an offer like that? :-) Though you don't say
whether you're using the Fleet Books - FB1 rewrote the ship design rules
comprehensively, but your mention of needle missiles suggests that
you're using FT+MT. (See http://www.fullthrust.net/faq/index.html for
more information on this.)

If you _are_ using the Fleet Books: I'm the author of the Full Thrust
Shiptools, which you can find at
http://firedrake.org/roger/ft/shiptool.html . If you're using a system
with Perl installed, download the small version; if you want a generic
Windows executable, go for the large one. This package will produce
record sheets for a fleet in Postscript format, as well as allowing
ship design and modification with all FB1 and FB2 rules.

Note that this software is not under active development, because I'm
working on the replacement for it. I hope to have that available in a
few weeks' time.

Roger

Prev: Re: Mixed combat units, etc. Next: RE: [SG,DS,FH] unit composition and camouflage