Prev: Re: [SG,DS,FH] unit composition and camouflage Next: Re: Camouflage nets, mixed combat units, etc.

Camouflage nets, mixed combat units, etc.

From: kaladorn@m...
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:47:50 -0500
Subject: Camouflage nets, mixed combat units, etc.

Mixed Units:

I can see the following allowing/using mixed units:
NAC (figures)
NSL (figures)
FSE (figures)
RH (figures)
NI
ESU
FCT (that's the F in Free)
NFR (following FSE practice)
AE (some sovs)
UN

I can see the following not allowing/using mixed units:
IF
LLAR
PAU
IC
SK
NRE (though I could be wrong :)
AE (some sovs)

Don't have any idea for:
IAS
Swiss
KNG (Dutch)
Japan (perhaps not?)
OUDF
ScanFed

Of course, this is all based on my impression of the values and
policies that govern these states, which is entirely debatable 200
years hence.

Camouflage Coverings:

IR/TI blocking, phototrophic (chameleon), rain resistant, insulating,
maybe even radar/ultrasound absorptive or reflective (depending on
what is a better solution), wind resistant, sealed or allowing air
in.

And for all that, and phototrophic jammies on the gropos, it seems
likely that good firstline sensors will still be able to detect a lot
of stuff. Of course, a lot of the time in the colonies, good first
line sensors may not be available (heck, sometimes only the Mark I
eyeball and it can be fooled by scrim or a ghillie suit).

Again, YMMV. :)

Prev: Re: [SG,DS,FH] unit composition and camouflage Next: Re: Camouflage nets, mixed combat units, etc.