Prev: Wierd figures from HaT Next: Maisto Vehicles

[SGII][WW2] Artillery was: Here we go again.

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 07:59:15 +0200
Subject: [SGII][WW2] Artillery was: Here we go again.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Claus Paludan" <cpaludan@worldonline.dk>

> On to artillery - how would you create artillery pieces like
> Stalinorgans and nebelwerfers? Should the be treated like multuple
> rounds artillery (hope not, since I am in the recieving end of the
> stalinorgan ;-| ) or with larger templates/more damage? They are
already
> in the large calibre end of the scale...

One point about WWII artillery. The flight times of most grenades (this
includes rocket artillery) was so long that the sound of the gun reached
the
intended target before the grenade hit. This allowed soldiers at the
receiving end to yell "incoming" and duck for cover. I suggest that
squads
under a barrage should be allowed a test to go 'in position' -
regardless of
activation status - before resolving casualties.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Wierd figures from HaT Next: Maisto Vehicles