Prev: Re: [OT] New Swabian Land Next: Re: Insane modellers (and another GZG...)

Re: Insane modellers (and another GZG...)

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:58:51 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Insane modellers (and another GZG...)

On 11-Oct-02 at 10:51, Oerjan Ohlson (oerjan.ohlson@telia.com) wrote:
> KHR wrote:
>
> >And in the early 1930's the "Midgard Serpent", a tunneling tank.
> >http://www.geocities.com/madsin72/midgard.html
> >Some data:
> >Length 524 meters (a 6 mm scale model would be over 5 feet long)
>
> Eh... *why*? I can understand "why a tunneling vehicle", but why make
it so
>  long?

Can you imagine the sheer volume of noise this beast would make?

You figure out where the cutters are going to break ground, setup
to destroy it and suddenly all that nifty underground action
stops.	At least if it breaks down you don't have to worry about
digging graves.  :(

Roger Books

Prev: Re: [OT] New Swabian Land Next: Re: Insane modellers (and another GZG...)