Prev: Re: Fleet structure Next: Re: Fleet structure

Re: Fleet structure

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:31:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Fleet structure

From: Damond Walker dwalker@syncretic.com
>If you use some of the systems from
>More Thrust (which is available freely in PDF format on the GZG site)
you
>can simulate Submarines quite nicely.	I'm thinking along the lines of
>Cloaks and Missles.

Depends on how you play cloaking.  If you can't detect a cloaked ship
and
they can't attack from cloak, then it's not the same.  Of course, you
can
fiddle with the Cloaking rules to make a simulation of submarines (eg
"cloaked ships can detect targets out to 24 mu and identify them at
18mu;
non-cloaked ships can detect cloaks within 12mu and get a firing
solution
within 6mu" or something similar) but that's changing the feel from
"baseline" FT quite a bit ... which is not what I think the original
question intended.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Fleet structure Next: Re: Fleet structure